Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything to this blog and there's a good reason for that......I'm no longer a widow!

In case you're wondering how this came about I'll give a brief synopsis here. Remember my blog about on-line dating?  Well, I decided to give it another try in the spring of 2013.  About 6 months earlier I had gone onto the eharmony site to look around, but I didn't sign up.  I had to enter my email address to look and this gave eharmony to opportunity to send me offers to join. First it was 10% off, then 20% and so on. Finally it got down to 90% off and I figured I didn't have anything to lose!  Take note of this if you want to try eharmony, but don't want to pay full price...give them your email address and be patient.

As soon as I paid my money a man's profile popped up and I recognized him as one I had seen when I looked before.  He still sounded like someone I would like to meet, so we started messaging and then talking.  Due to schedules we didn't meet for about 3 weeks and had talked so much by then that we were quite sure we wanted to be together.  The rest is history!

We met in May of 2013, became engaged in July and were married in October!  Yes, it was a very quick courtship, but I have a theory about that.  There were never any red flags for either of us and we were brutally honest with each other. At this point in my life I know what I want, what I'm willing to put up with, and what I won't tolerate, so it doesn't take as long to decide if I'm with the right person.  I couldn't be happier and David feels the same.

My last bit of advice is to figure out what you want in a relationship, what you will put up with and what you won't tolerate, then don't settle for anything less.  There will always be some compromise, but don't compromise on anything that's really important to you or you won't be happy.

 This is my last post to this blog.  I hope I've helped some, or at least given you something to think about. Thanks for taking this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment